Friday, September 30, 2011

Three, Again

Three girls pose for their portrait at the studio of Theodore von Dieck on 92nd Street in south Chicago. Are they sisters? Cousins? Childhood friends?

The setting of three reminds me of another portrait in this collection from Edna Tully McCaughey. And yet, I know better than to succumb to the temptation to match these two sets. The differences in the faces of this younger trio are quite marked.

Again, I have no notion of who these three girls might be. I leave them here for whoever cares to take a guess, or just observe and enjoy the details of a bygone era.


2 comments:

  1. The youngest girl, the one on the right, seems familiar to me. I don't know if that means I think I've seen her in one of your previous postings or not. My memory isn't quite like that of the woman in the "Unforgotten" TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be just me - but that little girl sure looks like Vivian May Lester Bromley.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...