Monday, July 23, 2012

But Wait! There’s More?


Perhaps my lack of Catholic upbringing handicaps me when I happen upon invitations such as the one I encountered yesterday in the papers of Agnes Tully Stevens. I am not properly equipped to perceive the nuances of Catholic formality, perhaps.

At least, I was surprised to see the additional card come tumbling out from the folds of the official invitation:

If it is your intention to attend the Consecration, write at once so that ticket or tickets may be sent you.

Given the distance involved for the family, I don’t suppose that Agnes took up the offer to send for those tickets, despite the solemnity of the august occasion. I do have to admit, it must have been quite the honor to be included in such a guest list.

I know I never have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...