Before I reluctantly leave this Flanagan research topic for yet another year, there are a few housekeeping routines I like to put into practice every time I exit one of my Twelve Most Wanted. During the rest of this week, I'll be making sure to take care of these necessary chores.
First on the list is to ensure that any discoveries I listed on my main tree at Ancestry.com also get carried over to other sites where I maintain family trees. Today I stopped in at FamilySearch.org to make sure all was updated there and that I hadn't missed linking any known documentation to Anna's branch of the family.
Of course, I was also hoping that some unknown distant cousin who could spill all the scoop on this mysterious Malloy caper had posted a tell-all explanation, but that was not in the cards for this year, apparently. Anna's family connections are still as tenuous as the distant DNA matches I've found who might be descended from her brother—but then, again, could just as well have been related to an ancient cousin.
I have reasons for making sure to post updates on discoveries to multiple genealogy websites. One reason, naturally, is to see what others have already posted. More than that, though, is the hope that what I share will eventually be spotted by some future someone who does know where Anna fits in, but hadn't yet shared that information. There are distant cousins out there, I firmly believe, who have yet to discover that we are family who need to connect and answer each other's questions. I just want to leave behind some genealogical crumbs to lead those cousins to my front door. I'm certainly looking forward to chatting, if that occasion ever arises.
No comments:
Post a Comment