Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Sliding Into 4 K

 

If it weren't for going AWOL a few days in the last eleven years, my four thousandth post might have come at just about the same time as my blogiversary last Sunday. Well, it is what it is: today marks post number four thousand. It hardly seems possible. But yes, there are that many stories out there, when it comes to exploring that never-ending family tree.

Right now, I'm taking a break in the home state of some of my own ancestors—the McClellans of Florida. While I won't get the chance to drive that far north to visit the old home on this trip, it will be a time to enjoy with family. And that is really what it's all about, isn't it?

Tomorrow, it will be back to chasing the trail of one of my mother-in-law's ancestors, Michael Metzger and his kin. But for now, it's time to absorb some delightful sunshine in the company of the more recent family arrivals in the Sunshine State.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Merry. It's amazing to see how a little bit, step by step, can add up.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...