Thursday, May 21, 2015

Yes, In Fact, I Did Write That


Apparently, it was high time I googled myself again.

Perhaps you remember my rant about “scraping,” back at the close of last year. Silly me: at that point, I had innocently remarked,
So what if they copy my stuff; I have enough internal links to lead readers back to my own site.

Apparently, that is not only incorrect, but I have a new “scraper” to contend with—one astute enough to remove my internal links and replace them with the appropriate new (and newly stolen) pages, as well.

Ah, live and learn. Now, time to go back and review all those links about combating scrapers that I wrote about, five months ago.

Never thought I’d be reviewing for another test quite so soon…

10 comments:

  1. Oh man -- sorry you're having problems with that. Give 'em H-E-Double hockey sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Wendy, that's the problem with having to deal with this. Pulling out the old notes, refreshing my memory on the process, then actually doing it...I can understand why some bloggers just don't even bother. They'd rather just keep writing, not haranguing.

      Delete
  2. Ugh... time for some a$$ kicking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, frustrating. Almost makes me wonder what goes through the minds of people like that--until I realize I don't really want to know...

      Delete
  3. Grrr! Hope you get this new problem resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jana. I hope so, too. Makes me wonder how many of us have this happening to us more than we realize.

      Delete
  4. I can feel the frustration in your words. I hope this gets resolved quickly also. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Margie. That's what makes it all so worthwhile to blog--for all of us who are conscientious about creating our own content.

      Delete
  5. uggg...they should rot in the desert on a warm day:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know: frustrating. But we'll get through this one, just the same as anything else. It may call for some tedious work and follow through, but it's not worth getting discouraged over. I like to believe there's a positive side to every problem.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...